Scholarships Available for Young Americans on Programs in Israel
The Helyn B. Reich Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1995 in memory of Helyn B. Reich, wife of founding AZM President Seymour D. Reich. The initial gift in Helyn’s memory was given by Mrs. Sarah Fischer and her son Dr. Stuart Fischer.
Reich scholarships are awarded each fall and spring to a limited number of American students who choose to study at one of several designated Israeli universities or attend post-college long-term programs. The scholarship seeks to recognize candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, pro-Israel activity in their personal lives and show a commitment to future involvement with the Jewish and Zionist community. Preference is given to candidates who decide to spend the full year in Israel.
Spring 2016 Applications are now closed.
The deadline to apply for the Fall 2016 Scholarship is July 6, 2016.
For applications as well as information about scholarship eligibility please click on the corresponding link below:
- For University Study in Israel: Information about scholarships
- Download an application: Helyn B. Reich University Scholarship Application
For Post-University Programs in Israel: Information about scholarships
Download an application: Helyn B. Reich Post-University Scholarship Application
For questions that have not been answered by the information provided on this site, please call the AZM National Office at 212-318-6100.
Meet Past Recipients
- Meet the 2016 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2015 Fall Recipients | Updates from 2015 Recipients
- Meet the 2014 Fall Recipients
- Meet the 2014 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2013 Spring Recipient
- Meet the 2012 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2011 Fall Recipients
- Meet the 2011 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2009 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2008 Fall Recipients | Updates from 2008 Recipients
- Meet the 2008 Spring Recipients
- Meet the 2007 Recipients | Updates from 2007 Recipients